Hynek’s Scale of UFO Classification, 1972
We’ve all seen, or at least heard of the 1977 film; ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but do we really know what it means or where it came from? Hynek’s Scale of UFO Classification has played a major role in identifying the type of contact or encounter an individual may have had with a UFO or an alien entity. Many years after, his work in the USAF he carried out independent research on UFOs, developing the Close Encounter Classification System and is widely considered the father of the concept of scientific analysis of both reports and, especially, trace evidence supposedly left by UFOs.
UFO reports differ in many details but can be categorised by similarities that recur such as feature, shape, appearance, disappearance, sound and colour.
Relatively Distant Sightings, or Distant Encounters (DE)
- Nocturnal Lights or DE-1: Features sightings or well defined lights in the night sky whose appearance and/or motion are not explainable in terms or conventional light sources. The lights may appear red, blue, orange or white. These DE’s form the largest group of UFO reports.
- Close Encounters of the First Kind or CE-1: Though the witness observes a UFO nearby, there appears to be no interaction with either the witness or the environment.
- Close Encounters of the Second Kind or CE-2: These encounters include details of interaction of the UFO and the environment which may vary from interference with car ignition systems and electronic gear to imprints or burns on the ground and physical effects on plant’s and the surrounding area.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind or CE-3: In this category, occupants of a UFO - entities that are human-like or ‘humanoid’ or not human-like have been reported. There is usually no direct contact or communication with the witness. However, in recent years, reports of incidents involving very close contact - even detainment of witnesses have been reported.
There have also been additions to the scale such as:
- Close Encounter of the Fourth Kind or CE-4: This involves a person being unwillingly abducted and used for experimentation purposes.
- Close Encounter of the Fifth Kind or CE-5: This is when there is a direct form of communication between ETs and humans, this is the rarest experience of them all and very few people have experienced it.
- Close Encounter of the Sixth Kind or CE-6: When contact between ETs and humans results in injury or even death.
- Close Encounter of the Seventh Kind or CE-7: The mating between an ET and a human subject, that produces a hybridisation, usually called a ‘Star Child’.
“This triangle UFO was seen recently and it closely resembles a TR3B. The fact that the person blurred out the face of the kid and didn’t get the UFO in the dead center of the video is what causes me to believe this is real. Also the lighting and…
To good to be true? Or the real thing?
A Large Silver UFO Sighting In The Skies Of Pennsylvania
Witness describes a large silver/metallic UFO hovering over a field in Newton, Pennsylvania on the night of July 28, 2014.
"Although I am hesitant to say with certainty that it was a UFO, I can attest to the fact that I have yet to see an aircraft - passenger, corporate or military - that looked anything like the object I witnessed tonight. The very large size and bright light radiating from this object gave me the impression that it was an extraordinary air transport vehicle, to be sure. My son had just come home after eating at a local restaurant with friends — it was approximately 11:11 pm (July 29, 2014; Tuesday). Once inside he urged me to go outside to our front lawn and to look high above the fields approximately to one mile southwest. I dashed out to the front lawn of our home and searched the dark, nubilus sky. Indeed, the spectacle above could hardly go unnoticed, not with the long, radiant spears of light projecting from the craft’s entire circumference, giving it a classic star shape. I did not count the number of star-like projectiles surrounding the craft. The whole object appeared silver or chrome-colored. The UFO remained stationary. I did not see any airplanes in the sky during the ten seconds or so that I observed this spectacle. Witnessing yet another UFO-type occurrence in Bucks County left me awestruck and anxious to summon both of my sons so that we could later compare our individual observations of the event and perhaps take photos. My older son wasted no time. My other son was in the bathroom and told me he would be outside to join us in a minute. By the time my older son and I made our hasty retreat from the house to the same spot on the front lawn where I had stood only several seconds earlier, the space machine had vanished. My son and I scanned the skies hoping to find its new spot in the heavens but we were unable to locate it in any overhead direction. Approximately one minute or so later what looked to be a commercial passenger plane flew overhead, destined most likely for the Mercer County (NJ) airport, about 20 miles east of Newtown, Bucks County (Pa.), which is in or near the area where this star-shaped craft was seen in the sky. The aforementioned airplane flying in such proximity to the location where this "foreign" craft had been a minute or more earlier did not seem odd or coincidental to me, since airplanes routinely use those designated fly/sky lanes enroute to or departing the Airport. Footnote: Bucks County, incidentally, as you know, is no stranger to astral interlopers. Approx. five or six years ago my daughter and I saw the now infamous orange-colored crafts in the western sky above Bucks County Community College or thereabouts. These softly pointed triangular shaped craft traveled in a trio and seemed intent on perfecting their formation in the skies before literally and instantaneously disappearing to a destination we could not see. Like the spaceships or flying saucers depicted in comic strips, I imagined a bubble containing the word, "POOF!" because surely no other word could describe the three orange crafts supersonic, extraordinary speed during their departure. But thats another report for another day."
Other UFO sightings that might interest you:
3,000 Year Old Mummified Alien Found in Northern Germany
The mummified remains of an apparent strange humanoid creature has been found in Northern Germany near where the 3600 year old Nebra Sky Disk was found in 2001. The mummified remains have been described by the researchers as alien in appearance. Shown to have human and non-human characteristics. They observe that the creature would have stood between 3-3.5 feet tall. No outward sign of genitalia were found. The origin and abnormalities found in the remains has triggered intense investigation by German researchers.
It seems science is slowly confirming what occultists, spiritualists and religions have long believed, that conscious alien life could exist beyond our limited human perception.